Re: cannot configure X in 6.1.2

On Thu, Oct 10, 2013 at 09:20:29PM -0500, John D. Baker wrote:
> It has been my experience that X (whether native or modular) usually
> gets it wrong and that a config file is absolutely necessary.

In my experience most of the config is fine, you only need very tiny
/etc/xorg.conf to override the things it can not guess (like modes for
pre-edid monitors, keyboard details, ...)

Below is the full config I use on the machine where I'm currently
typing, just as an example.

Martin

--8<--
Section "ServerFlags"