Re: Various size of (Project) ideas for NetBSD and pkgsrc

Ryo ONODERA wrote:
>(8) Porting NetBSD to some FPGA CPU board
>OpenCores' OpenRISC 1200, Xilinx's MicloBlaze, Altera NIOS II is
>available for FPGA board.
>At least OpenRISC 1200 and MicroBlaze have Linux support.
>Supporting these architecture is interesting for NetBSD.
>(I have no idea about NetBSD/nios2 status.)

It could be worth splitting this task into core CPU work and writing
drivers for peripheral devices.

OpenCores drivers could be used by OpenRISC, Mico32, NetBSD/evbarm on
the TS7300 or even in a PCI FPGA card.

The Xilinx drivers would be needed by any port to MicroBlaze and by
a port to the Zynq (arm) FPGAs.

Robert Swindells