Re: Setting up X

I had also posted about my issue on the xorg-users mailing list. I got
this as a suggested solution, using an xorg.conf file with only these
four lines in it.

Section "Device"
        Identifier "Forced vesa driver"
        Driver "vesa"
EndSection

If the only problem was vesa failover for the graphics card, and X could
correctly identify and use all the other peripherals, than this would
work, which it did.

I added a Monitor section with a HorizSync  28-75
and then I was able to get a default display of 1280x800 - not the best,
but definitely livable.

Amazingly, everything else on this laptop works under NetBSD. I have not
yet tried suspend/hibernate, or the webcam but those are last on my laundry
list.