Re: no file system for xbd0 (dev 0x8e00)

On Thu, 30 May 2013, Jean-Yves Migeon wrote:

Do you get the same output between "disklabel /dev/xbd1" and "disklabel -Ar /dev/xbd1"?

I would also try dd'ing the LV and pass it through vnconfig(8) (never did it, YMMV).

I've seen weird behavior from domU when it falls on specific forbidden operations from dom0's backend (like trying to overwrite the disk's disklabel after a silent corruption).

I finally fixed the domU's fs, it appears that the superblock list given by
newfs -N was wrong, and I found a working alternative superblock. Luckily,
only the /dev directory and a couple of files have been wiped by fsck(8)
and I've been able to boot the virtual machine and put it to work again.
Nevertheless, that story is a bit frightening, because no error message has
never showed neither on the domU nor on the dom0, the fs corruption just
"happened silently", just like you said.

Thanks for your help anyway!

Emile `iMil' Heitor .°. <imil@{home.imil.net,NetBSD.org,gcu.info}>
                                                                _