Re: rss2email - keeps cron instances open on timeout

Niels, Matthew,
I am still wrenching on this.
These timeout errors occur to rarely to provoke it by running rss2email.
I have restarted the server and wait for the 'timeout' what is caused by
this rss2email. Then I try to trace it back by the timestamp of the cron
log file.

They are not Python processes, these what I found relate to mailman (top
shows the user 'mailman'). Python is not the culprit.

There are these 'cron' as well as 'sh' processes open after the timeout.
I think so and will wait and count these processes. I do not understand
it fully myself, Niels.

One question though. This is /var/log/cron:
<snip>
Apr 11 18:15:00 manul cron[1124]: (herbs) CMD START (/usr/pkg/bin/r2e run)
</snip>

The number in the square bracket[1124] is the PID of the cron instance,
yes? Or the /bin/sh it opens? Just to be sure.

I let you know after some further observation.
Thanks!
herb langhans

--
sprachtraining langhans