Re: rss2email - keeps cron instances open on timeout

On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 7:20 AM, herbert langhans <herbert.raimund%langhans.com.pl@localhost> wrote:
On Thu, Apr 11, 2013 at 09:08:19AM +0200, Niels Dettenbach wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, 11. April 2013, 08:38:07 schrieben Sie:
> > Is there anything I can do about it? Probably rss2email doesnt exit in a
> > correct way.
> hmm,
> did not worked with rss2email byself yet, but can you try to start the script
> from shell and look if rss2email exists properly back to shell when run into
> such a situation?
> If not, you have to correct rss2email (it seems to be written in Python) i.e.
> by putting a
>       sys.exit(1)
> or similiar there where the script seem to "hang" (or ask the rss2email devels
> for it).
> hth
> best regards,
>
> Niels.

Thanks Niels,
now I have wait and look for such a timeout-error - just in that case it
keeps the cron open. Other errors or no error behave correct.

Is there some easy way to make cron and sh show the pid it just has
opened? So that I can invoke rss2email and know for sure on what
occasion it keeps the process? With top I just get a list of some more
'crons' opened ...

Best
herb langhans

Check the cron.log to tie back the cron pids to individual commands.

Do you just see cron open, or are there still rss2email/python procs hanging around?