Re: rss2email - keeps cron instances open on timeout

Am Donnerstag, 11. April 2013, 13:20:58 schrieben Sie:
> Is there some easy way to make cron and sh show the pid it just has
> opened? So that I can invoke rss2email and know for sure on what
> occasion it keeps the process? With top I just get a list of some more
> 'crons' opened ...
hmm,
not shure if i understand you fully here (do you mean the PID of the rss2email
procs?) - you might write a short wrapper shell script in between which starts
rss2email and writes out the PIDs i.e. into a file.

rss2email &
R2E_PID=$!

echo $R2E_PID >> /some/file/with/rss2email.pids

Why not trying to get the rss2email error from the shell directly (i know that
it may take some time / many starts to un into that error in practice...)?
Then you can see what / where it is hanging there...

hth a little
best regards,

Niels.
--