Re: NPF port forward

William Ross <> wrote:
> On 17 January 2013 23:41, Mindaugas Rasiukevicius <>
> wrote:
> > You probably want the following:
> >
> > $rdr_ip = "pcn0" # or $rdr_ip = inet4(pcn0) on the latest netbsd-6
> > kernel map pcn0 dynamic port 3890 <- $rdr_ip port 389
> >
> That would redirect all traffic coming into the machine on port 389, to
> port 3890. I only want to redirect traffic from one machine ( to
> the service on port 3890, leaving all other machines to access the service
> on port 389.

When the additional "pass <...>" filter criteria is used, it means you
are going to specify the criteria explicitly, therefore NPF will not do
that for you implicitly and the segment on the right-hand side is actually
ignored.  In such case the criteria has to be full, i.e. you should filter
on the source *and* the destination (otherwise it will redirect all traffic
to that single port).  Perhaps it looks a little bit confusing, but the
"pass <...>" syntax is exactly the same as of a regular rule.  Try:

map pcn0 dynamic port 3890 <- \
    pass from to $rdr_ip port 389