Re: NetBSD, sendmail with AUTH and TLS

On Thu 13 Dec 2012 at 12:22:17 -0600, Michael Parson wrote:
> You will note, however, that it claims to allow AUTH LOGIN.
>
> This doesn't seem to be working either.  In my /var/log/authlog, I see the
> probable
> problem, but I don't know how to solve it:
>
> Dec 13 12:15:46 testhost sm-mta[26159]: unable to dlopen
> /usr/local/lib/sasl2/libsasldb.so.2: Cannot dlopen non-loadable
> /usr/lib/libpthread.so.1

I used a different authentication method, cy2-crammd5.
That doesn't appear to link against libpthread, at least ldd doesn't
show that. A difference is that it doesn't authenticate against the
login password, but it has its own password database.
Since I like the idea of not exposing my login password when I want to
send mails (even if it is secured by md5 + SSL - this is an extra door
where my password could potentially be tested in a brute force
attack or something) this was fine for me.

(It would be nice if my imap server, currently dovecot, could use such a
database too, for the same reason)

TLS seems to work fine for me, but I use the pkgsrc libcrypto. Not sure
if I did anything special for that, I can't find anything right now
anyway.

This is on a 5.1 system, by the way.

-Olaf.
--
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- The Doctor: No, 'eureka' is Greek for
\X/ rhialto/at/xs4all.nl    -- 'this bath is too hot.'