NetBSD, sendmail with AUTH and TLS

I followed the wiki entry for this on my NetBSD/i386 5.0.2 system:

http://wiki.netbsd.org/tutorials/services/sendmail_auth_tls/

And it worked beautifully.  However, that system died, and now:

Trying the same thing on my amd64 6.0 system, and it's not working.

The sendmail binary claims it can do TLS, but when you check on the port, the
option
isn't listed:

# telnet localhost 587
Trying ::1...
telnet: connect to address ::1: Connection refused
Trying 127.0.0.1...
Connected to localhost.
Escape character is '^]'.
220 testhost ESMTP Sendmail 8.14.5/8.14.5; Thu, 13 Dec 2012 12:15:49 -0600 (CST)
ehlo testing
250-testhost Hello localhost [127.0.0.1], pleased to meet you
250-ENHANCEDSTATUSCODES
250-PIPELINING
250-EXPN
250-VERB
250-8BITMIME
250-SIZE 5242880
250-DSN
250-AUTH LOGIN
250-DELIVERBY
250 HELP
quit
221 2.0.0 testhost closing connection

You will note, however, that it claims to allow AUTH LOGIN.

This doesn't seem to be working either.  In my /var/log/authlog, I see the
probable
problem, but I don't know how to solve it:

Dec 13 12:15:46 testhost sm-mta[26159]: unable to dlopen
/usr/local/lib/sasl2/libsasldb.so.2: Cannot dlopen non-loadable
/usr/lib/libpthread.so.1

From what I can tell from searching google and reading the dlopen
manpage, something is trying to load libsasldb.so, but that something
isn't also linked against libpthread.so.

I've tried twiddling with mk.conf, trying with and without this line:

PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=pthread

And with and without it looking like this:

PKG_DEFAULT_OPTIONS+=pthread

I've rebuilt sendmail, cyrus-sasl, cyrus-saslauthd, and cy2-login after each
change.

So, any pointers so I can quit chasing my tail here?

Thanks.

--
Michael Parson
Austin, TX