Re: named issue

Hi,

On Fri, 7 Dec 2012, Christos Zoulas wrote:
In article <20121207211739.GA1378%kyyhky.embedtronics.fi@localhost>,
Jukka Marin  <jmarin%embedtronics.fi@localhost> wrote:
On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 10:07:31PM +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 15:48:07 -0500 (EST)
Al <al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost> wrote:

Most things seem faster and the system seems much more responsive after
switching to NetBSD 6, however named seems to take much more cpu, in fact
at times it maxes out the system. Does anyone have any ideas on what I
could do to improve performance?

This is likely to be not an Amiga problem and I don't know what has
changed, besides the version.

From everything that I read, I would agree.

So I'm crossposting to netbsd-users. Maybe somebody knows. :)

DNS attack perhaps?

I don't think so. When the amount of incoming email goes up, then I see the issue with named.

However, I can't say for sure because when ever I run: tcpdump -c 250 -n port 53. I get: tcpdump: no suitable device found

Or threading issue. Try compiling without threads.

I tried to build bind96 from the pkgsrc, but it always ends in an error:

checking how to run the C++ preprocessor... /lib/cpp
configure: error: in `/usr/pkgsrc/net/bind96/work/bind-9.6-ESV-R7-P3':
configure: error: C++ preprocessor "/lib/cpp" fails sanity check
See `config.log' for more details
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/net/bind96
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /usr/pkgsrc/net/bind96

> Could it be the issue discussed in this thread?
>
>  http://mail-index.netbsd.org/current-users/2012/09/19/msg021135.html

I removed  dnssec-lookaside auto;.

It is still using too much cpu though. Any other suggestions?

Thanks,
Al