Re: named issue

I had the same issue (named maxing cpu usage just after a fresh NetBSD 6.0 install and a fresh named install from binary package). But when I got back to the issue it seemed gone. Now everything is fine. It was a DomU amd64 installation.

On 7 December 2012 22:32, Christos Zoulas <> wrote:
In article <>,
Jukka Marin  <> wrote:
>On Fri, Dec 07, 2012 at 10:07:31PM +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
>> On Fri, 7 Dec 2012 15:48:07 -0500 (EST)
>> Al <> wrote:
>> > Most things seem faster and the system seems much more responsive after
>> > switching to NetBSD 6, however named seems to take much more cpu, in fact
>> > at times it maxes out the system. Does anyone have any ideas on what I
>> > could do to improve performance?
>> This is likely to be not an Amiga problem and I don't know what has
>> changed, besides the version.
>> So I'm crossposting to netbsd-users. Maybe somebody knows. :)
>DNS attack perhaps?

Or threading issue. Try compiling without threads.

Bartek Krawczyk
network and system administrator