Re: Unified BSD?

On 2012-11-16, at 5:52 AM, Johnny Billquist <bqt%update.uu.se@localhost> wrote:

> On 2012-11-16 12:48, Tomas Bodzar wrote:
>> On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 9:34 AM, Hub- FreeBSD <freebsd%hub.org@localhost>
>> wrote:
>>>
>>> Actually, according to what we are tracking at http://bsdstats.org, there
>>> are currently *8*:
>>>
>>> PC-BSD
>>> FreeBSD
>>> PYC-BSD (aka Rus-BSD)
>>> DesktopBSD
>>> OpenBSD
>>> NetBSD
>>> DragonflyBSD
>>> MidnightBSD
>>>

>> Tracking something like DesktopBSD which doesn't exist for quite a
>> long time make statistics not much useful. MidnightBSD seems to be
>> same case as last activy on mailing list last year in May, forums
>> doesn't working at all so we are still on 4 core BSDs
>> (Open/Net/Free/Dfly).
>
> I find it rather meaningless as a tracking tool for BSD in general. There is
> no way something like 2BSD would ever appear there, no matter how many
> systems were installed.
>
> And I also do happen to consider OS-X to be a BSD system. :-)

I agree on that point, which is why I run it for my desktops … but until you
mention it, I'd never thought of even trying to get the script to run … have to
play with that this weekend and see how "out of the box" it works, if it does …