Re: Intel Centrino Wireless-N 2230 - WiFi

Le Thu, 18 Oct 2012 07:48:44 +0000,
Stephan Mol <Stephan.Mol%atrato-ip.com@localhost> a écrit :

> Hello,
>
> For my personal use I bought an Thinkpad Edge E330. I installed
> NetBSD 6.0-RELEASE amd64 (was 5.1.2 before, did a clean install this
> morning). I'm quite new to the OS, I do have some experience with
> FreeBSD. Unfortunately the WiFi card is not recognised, it's a Intel
> Centrino Wireless-N 2230.

Like another contributor told you, this chipset is rather recent...
If this card is recognized it is probably by iwi driver more than
one of the other intel wireless drivers (ipw, iwn, wpi).
For these drivers to work, you need approve a license in order for a
firmware to load.

please try to add:

hw.ipw.accept_eula=1
hw.iwi.accept_eula=1
hw.iwn.accept_eula=1
hw.wpi.accept_eula=1

to your /etc/sysctl.conf and reboot to observe if your card is then
recognized

> I tried configuring a customised kernel looking at this page [1].
[...]
> [1] http://www.netbsd.org/docs/network/wavelan.html

This doc seems rather old: it does not mention any Intel driver nor
802.11g or n norm.
A stock kernel is probably perfectly adapted to your wireless network
needs.