Re: Do you advise me to adopt NetBSD?

On 10/10/12 20:27, wrote:
> I can comfortably do all that with Linux, of course, but I would like to
> give NetBSD a try.

   Random tip: Give it a try in VirtualBox or VMWare first and see if
you like it.

   The guy who got me hooked on NetBSD introduced it to me with these

   $ man 1 intro
   $ man 2 intro
   $ man 3 intro

   $ man hier

   In retrospect that was pretty wise because as it turned out I have
been using NetBSD's (mostly well-written) man-pages a lot throughout the

   If you want to get help getting started, fire up your favorite IRC
client and say hello on freenode's #NetBSD channel. There are some very
pleasant and helpful users who hang out there.

   I have a suspicion that this thread would be better in -advocacy..

Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson