[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]
Re: NetBSD on Linode problems
Michael Parson writes:
- I'm trying to get NetBSD installed on a Linode (Xen) VM following the
- instructions on this Wiki page:
- Networking works under the Finnix image, I am able to to use wget to
- download the files needed, but when I boot the NetBSD installer images,
- I am unable to get networking to work under NetBSD. I have tried both
- 32&64 bit kernels (under 32 & 64bit pv_grub). If I try and let it get
- networking via DHCP, it doesn't get a response, if I use hard-coded
- values, no traffic gets passed.
What is the Dom0 OS and version? Some distro's of Linux
(Debian) changed the network backends supported in Xen.
NetBSD 5.1-STABLE supports the newer Xen backend, while
5.1-RELEASE and before do not.. :(
So, what is the version of NetBSD you're attempting to use?
FYI: I've had good luck with NetBSD Xen hosting at Panix and
(sometimes I wonder if I should establish a NetBSD Dom0 based
Xen hosting service.. I know of no one providing such a service.)
Eric Schnoebelen eric%cirr.com@localhost
The Force is what holds everything together. It has its dark side,
and it has its light side. It's sort of like cosmic duct tape.
Main Index |
Thread Index |