Re: NetBSD LiveUSB

from Juraj Sipos:

> I could not find a NetBSD Live USB image on the Internet, so I made my own.
> I am contacting you on the recommendation of Hubert Feyrer, who wrote me:
> ---
> thanks for your email - i think this is a very cool project!
> I haven't found time to try it out myself, but there's a blog entry to point
> people at it:
> http://www.feyrer.de/NetBSD/blog.html/nb_20120925_2214.html

> Maybe you want to write to netbsd-advocacy%NetBSD.org@localhost and/or
> netbsd-users%NetBSD.org@localhost to tell people about this, too?

> Keep up the good work!

Live USB allows users to see what NetBSD looks like without modifying the
hard drive.  Get a look-see before altering your hard drive.

I saw where I could download images for live USB OpenBSD and DragonFlyBSD,
but not NetBSD.

Build system in /usr/src for NetBSD 6 and HEAD can build a live USB image,
but this is only the base system.  I did this for HEAD but haven't tested it
yet.  No graphic interface because I prefer to try modular Xorg from pkgsrc.

You can also download NetBSD from

http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/builds.cgi

and install that to USB stick if desired, but again, this is only the base
system with no added packages.  I've done that several times.

Tom