NetBSD-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: Compiling 6.0_RC1 fails

I'm sorry to jump in, and not able to provide complete details at this
time, but this sounds like an open bug I reported couple years ago.
Search for my email in the bug tracker and it should be easy to find
(most recent).

In summary, I was developing procedure scripts to format media,
install the os, checkout sources from cvs, then build and install the
updated distribution. It always failed with the first build
distribution, something about sed not available in tools. The fix was
to build distribution again and it would always work the second time

I never tracked down the issue, but I believe it exists in netbsd-4,
netbsd-5 and whatever the tag for netbsd-6 is now.

More details are in the issue report, I will followup next week if needed.


What special parameters do you use with the second time?
Do you use -u, or maybe -r?


I did not experience a build problem from iso to the next update, am not sure if that was the case of the original [ poster person ]. I experienced a build problem when the name was changed to RC1; however, just like the 'op'.

With some help from Greg Troxel, here are the exact notes from my file:

- first run:
$ ./ -x -O ../obj -T ../tools -U distribution
- after:
$ ./ -x -O ../obj -T ../tools -U -u distribution
- sometimes we find a little problem

- this plain case removes objdir, tooldir, and releasedir

of course, you could manually 'rm -rf objdir tooldir releasedir'
        -be sure to find your directories, first :)
$ ./ -r -x -O ../obj -T ../tools -U distribution

I have not had time yet to read the report that George is referencing- probably tomorrow. Today is another busy day.


Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index