Re: NetBSD on tablets?

On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:08:37PM -0700, Scrap Happy wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I assume this is sheer fantasy, but has any work been
> done on porting NetBSD to any of the "tablets" available?
> If not, is this due to:
> - lack of interest
> - lack of personnel
> - lack of documentation
> - lack of "other" resources
>
> I.e., what (realistically) could be done to facilitate
> this sort of activity?
>
> Thanks!
> --don

- lack of keyboard :)

I think NetBSD is almost the right thing for such downsized 'computers'.
But there is this user interface - on the tablets you need some window
manager and a bunch of applications what you can use with a touch
screen. Some meta-pkg would do the trick, maybe. But with the usual i/o,
like keyboard and terminal it is just not what the tablets are made for.

Has there some standard established with typical tablet-processors
together with graphic chipsets? Are these touch screens working with a
mouse driver?

How difficult is it to compile Android sources for NetBSD? I think about
some touch-apps what are required to make this tablet doing something

I like the idea!
Cheers
herbs

--