Re: NetBSD on tablets?

On Dec 16, 10:19am, Scrap Happy wrote:
} On 7/26/2012 12:36 PM, herbert langhans wrote:
} > On Thu, Jul 26, 2012 at 12:08:37PM -0700, Scrap Happy wrote:
} >>
} >> I assume this is sheer fantasy, but has any work been
} >> done on porting NetBSD to any of the "tablets" available?
} >> If not, is this due to:
} >> - lack of interest
} >> - lack of personnel
} >> - lack of documentation
} >> - lack of "other" resources

     - lack of ability to talk to hardware
     - lack of apps
     - lack of good UI

} > Has there some standard established with typical tablet-processors
} > together with graphic chipsets? Are these touch screens working with a
} > mouse driver?

     Possibly.  Although I believe somebody was working on a graphics
tablet driver, which would probably be similar.

} > How difficult is it to compile Android sources for NetBSD? I think about

     Most Android apps are written in Java.  I wouldn't be surprised if
a good chunk of Android itself was written in Java.

}-- End of excerpt from Scrap Happy