Re: slow server, maybe missing hardware support?

On Mon, 16 Jul 2012 21:45:30 +0200
Petar Bogdanovic <petar%smokva.net@localhost> wrote:

> Not sure if this is related but when I tried to boot BETA2 on a
> Hetzner box, viaide did pretty much the same and never reached a
> usable state (login) but maybe I didn't wait long enough.  Disabling
> ACPI in the BIOS solved the problem.

Indeed, after disabling ACPI everything seems fine. Thank you. How
embarrassing to forget.

Controller is shown in NetBSD as:
viaide0 at pci0 dev 15 function 0: VIA Technologies VT8237 SATA Controller
(rev. 0x80)
viaide0: bus-master DMA support present
viaide0: primary channel wired to native-PCI mode
viaide0: using ioapic0 pin 20 for native-PCI interrupt

As for "usable" state with ACPI, I wouldn't have noticed anything if I
hadn't eventually slept over night, giving system enough time to start
up services.