Re: slow server, maybe missing hardware support?

On Mon, Jul 16, 2012 at 12:09:12PM +0300, Terho Uotila wrote:

> I'm trying to install BETA2 on Hetzner server. Installation (through
> qemu) seems to work, but when trying to boot NetBSD up on actual
> hardware, system is very slow (few hours to get ping response, about
> 8 hours to finish rc, login takes ages, etc).
>
> dmesg is filled with lines like:
> viaide0:0:0: lost interrupt
>         type: ata tc_bcount: 0 tc_skip: 0

Not sure if this is related but when I tried to boot BETA2 on a Hetzner
box, viaide did pretty much the same and never reached a usable state
(login) but maybe I didn't wait long enough.  Disabling ACPI in the BIOS
solved the problem.

> Complete BETA2 dmesg.boot at http://pastebin.com/cgDY3Bwi

Little information there, so I can't compare..

                Petar Bogdanovic