Re: Login to serial port (not console)

Replying to myself:

On Thu, Jul 05, 2012 at 12:56:26PM +0200, tlaronde%polynum.com@localhost wrote:

> Putting on, say /dev/tty00, in /etc/ttys does not work, whether with
> "Pc", "std.9600" or a custom entry in gettytab.

Correction this was "/dev/tty01" since I had already the console as
com0.

But resetting the console as "pc" at boot time, putting "on" the
/dev/tty00 line in /etc/ttys does work.

Is there a restriction so that it is not possible to have the console on
a serial line and _another_ login on a serial port? (This was not my
initial question; one is enough for my case, the console being on
/dev/ttyE0).

                      http://www.kergis.com/