NetBSD-Users archive

[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index][Old Index]

Re: What would be the best course of action?

On 29 June 2012 11:44, Hugo Silva <> wrote:
> Good morning,
> We'll be acquiring some supermicro servers with Intel i350 network cards
> which until some hours ago were only supported in current (find "wm(" @
> Given that those changes will not be in 6.0-BETA2 and considering that a
> 6.0-BETA2 ISO install won't detect the cards, and for the moment assuming no
> more hardware involved (I've thought of asking the dc to temporarily insert
> a supported nic, as this may be easier than any other course of action):
> - Do I have any other options besides:
>  - Going with a -current snapshot and then downgrading (not even sure if
> this won't majorly break things)
>  - Waiting for BETA3/RELEASE

Two more options
- assuming a pulling to netbsd-6 is coming is to wait until the pullup
occurs and use the next nightly build from (like BETA3 but
faster :)
- apply the patch from current to a netbsd-6 tree, run "./
iso-image" and use that

Home | Main Index | Thread Index | Old Index