Re: NetBSD 6.0_BETA2 i386 freezes after WPA group key handshake

In article <20120626180249.GA19496%bond.xinterchange.net@localhost>,
Timo Schmidt  <netbsd%xomit.de@localhost> wrote:
>On Tue 26.06.2012 01:52, Christos Zoulas wrote:
>> Timo Schmidt <netbsd%xomit.de@localhost> wrote:
>> >
>> > since an update to NetBSD 6.0_BETA2 my router freezes after a
>> > WPA group key handshake. The sytem hangs and does not respond.
>> > Only a reset brings the box up again. The box is providing an
>> > access point via hostapd, DHCPD and also runs BIND9. The most
>> > recent very strange line in /var/log/messages I can found right
>> > before the system restarts is the following (very long) line:
>>
>> The nulls are just corruption.
>
>The was my assumption as well. But the last four lines?
>

>| brw-r-----  1 root operator   14,  524313 Feb 19 17:55:16 2011
>/dev/vnd3j
>
>| brw-r-----  1 root operator   14,  524314 Feb 19 17:55:16 2011
>/dev/vnd3k
>
>| brw-r-----  1 root operator   14,  524315 Feb 19 17:55:16 201Jun 23
>21:21:27 xxxxxxx syslogd[189]: restart
>
>Where does the partial ls output of /dev come from?

Some other random data buffer that got mis-owned. Remember WAPBL targets
only metadata not data consistency.

>> The problem is probably with the atheros driver; I have not
>> seen it with other wifi cards.
>
>What card would you recommend?

I am using iwn without issues. iwi needs the occasional ifconfig down/up
when it freezes. That's all I have. Which atheros card do you have? We
can see if there are any updates to the drivers/firmware.

christos