Re: breaking down the browser (was Re: Web browser: stuck with Opera-9.62)

On Thu, Mar 22, 2012 at 08:41:18PM -0500, David Young wrote:

> The Knuth-Plass algorithm and the idea of boxes, glue, and penalties are
> both really powerful.  It is too bad that they are almost completely
> overlooked/forgotten in the world of web development[1]!

I do think that there is something to do in the Unix principle way:
combine small tools that do the job well (and TeX is small; even more
with kerTeX!), so that with the shortest length segment one can
approximate the more complex need curve.

I don't know if I will have the time; but if _I_ have not, someone else
could try. The first step in this direction will be to provide a new
man page for OSes with TeX as the layout engine...
                      http://www.kergis.com/