Re: Web browser: stuck with Opera-9.62

Hello,

On Sat, Feb 18, 2012 at 03:34:48PM +0000, herbert.raimund%ovi.com@localhost
wrote:

> Hi Thierry,
> I am not happy with this situation either. On my laptop I use seamonkey
> (pkg-version). It can be not so difficult for Opera to compile a Netbsd
> version. For Freebsd they have one.

Unfortunately, NetBSD is not considered mainstream. Opera is here under
Linux emulation, and ISTR that FreeBSD emulation has now problems.

I will perhaps try seamonkey... But I do think for this Web thing that
this is the same as for TeX -> TeXlive and others: the size of the
monsters is a sure symptom that this is not going in the right
direction (they have a size several times an O.S. without providing the
features...). I fail to see how with such a size "security" can even be
talked about (but this is another matter).

Thanks,
                      http://www.kergis.com/