ppp dialup with Huawei E200

Hello,

   I previously used a SonyEricsson C702 to connect to the Internet on
my laptop, but recently it began to show signs of ... old age. So I
borrowed a Huawei E220, and installed the NetBSD 6 beta on the laptop.

   After a few modifications to the chat-script (like +CPIN...) I get
some success (I think). Looking in /var/log/messages, I see:

   [---]
   pppd[600] Connect: ppp0 <--> /dev/ttyU0
   pppd[600] CHAP authentication succeeded
   pppd[600] CHAP authentication succeeded
   pppd[600] IPCP: timeout sending Config-Requests
   pppd[600] Connection terminated.

   I have noauth in my pppd-config so "CHAP authentication" is a little
confusing to me, but I'm pretty sure that message was there before.
However, I can't remember getting two of them in a row like that
(there's a second or two delay between the two). That IPCP message is
new, though.

   Does "CHAP authentication succeeded" mean that my pppd is actually
speaking to the server on the other end?

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson