6.0_BETA crash when transferring files to FAT memory card on mobile (Re: 6.0_BETA: FAT and iwn0 prob...)

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 09:29:17AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> >1. Mounting a FAT partition of memory card of a mobile phone, connected
> >through USB and attempting to write to it crashes NetBSD 6.0_BETA.
>
> A backtrace from DDB is invaluable here.  You may need to set
> ddb.onpanic=1 in /etc/sysctl.conf to get your system to the db>
> prompt on crash.

Unfortunately (or fortunately should I say) the crash could not be
reproduced today. I have added onpanic. So next time it happens I can
provide the trace.

Last time it happened, it happened on two consecutive attempts, that too
were firsts since the upgrade. So I thought it was easily reproducible.
Not so today.

I will also check possibility of the mobile device being responsible for
this - issues like it receiving a call when file transfer is going on or
something of that sort. On last occasion of crash at least there wasn't
any indication of that kind. Will update if I can reproduce the crash.

Mayuresh.