Re: 6.0_BETA: FAT and iwn0 problems (and strange similarity)

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 09:29:17AM -0700, Jeff Rizzo wrote:
> >2. Heavy traffic (opening multiple tabs in browser for example) causes
> >router (WRT54GL) to hang requiring re-start. (One may say that's
> >router's problem, which might also be true. But read below.)
>
> It's making your _router_ hang?  But NetBSD is OK?  I don't think
> there's much we can do about this...  it was likely only luck that
> didn't make this happen on NetBSD 5.1.

It is fairly repeatable. I'd concede, it should be a router bug. But could
be that it was exposed by something wrong/different/unexpected from the
driver side. If somebody is willing to examine this angle I can provide
needed inputs.

Just curious though, any chance of any known adoption of code/strategy
from Linux, anything that wasn't so similar to Linux than is now for intel
wifi drivers in NetBSD?

I'll provide more inputs on FAT issue, as described, by tomorrow.

Mayuresh.