Re: 6.0 + Thinkpad T61 = instant reboot. And now?

On 21 February 2012 16:17, Ian Clark <mrrooster%gmail.com@localhost> wrote:
> On 20 February 2012 19:04, Jukka Ruohonen <jruohonen%iki.fi@localhost> wrote:
>> On Mon, Feb 20, 2012 at 01:18:32PM -0500, Martin S. Weber wrote:
>>> (netbsd-6 branch sources from friday; installed a GENERIC kernel along
>>> with its modules (/stand/i386/6.0)).
>>
>> It worked fine in 2011, so this is a recent nasty regression.
>>
> What bootloader are you using? Is it the 6.0 one?

Oh, dear... The box triple-boots - Windows 7/64, Solaris 11 (still on
151a) and NetBSD-current. The whole thing starts with Solaris 11's
grub. W7 takes two primary slots, as is unfortunately required; NetBSD
takes the third slot; then there is an extended partition, which holds
some shared 15GB FAT32 data and the Solaris11 partition. It works well
for me, I intend to keep this laptop until it dies completely (even if
we are in the process of getting upgrades now).

Having said that, I have a few external USB2 disks, at least two with
earlier -current (both amd64 and i386), which also work (I don't
bother updating them as often, though). -

> Older bootloaders caused instant reboots for me with a newer kernel.
>
> Ian

Chavdar

--
----