Web browser: stuck with Opera-9.62

Hello,

I'd like to know if with :

NetBSD 5.0.2 i386

others have found a working Web browser. Opera-9.62 works but is old
(i.e. has a long list of vulnerabilies). Other versions in pkgsrc or wip
do install but freeze almost immediately.

Chromium is not ready (and the size of the thing!). Firefox depends
on so many things, I seem unable to achieve a compilation.

So has somebody experencied freezes with Opera > 9.62 and found a cure?
Or is there some web browser, not insanely huge beast that works for an
unfortunately "normal" usage that is with JavaScript (I still use lynx
or links... but that doesn't work for every site).

TIA,
                      http://www.kergis.com/