Re: ipnat problem with two LAN networks

On Tue 24 Jan 2012 at 13:55:58 +0100, Frank Wille wrote:
> Network        |
> ------------------------[]---[]---[]--------
> Network                            |
> ------------------------------------------[]------[]---------

> Now I have the problem that I can ping from, but
> no TCP connection is possible. tcpdump shows a connection to
> but the reply is coming from, which I think is normal,
> because of the NAT. But nothing happens.

It looks to me like you're using the NAT in the wrong direction here.
You can connect from to, but not the other way

> My precise question is:
> Is there any way to exclude connections between the and the
> network from NAT? I think this would solve the problem. Only
> accesses from to an address beyond the network
> should be NAT translated.

Maybe you can use some "fast" rules before the "map" rules in the hope
that they get processed first... but I wouldn't count on it.

Maybe you can do a NAT in, mapping only

> Frank Wille
___ Olaf 'Rhialto' Seibert  -- There's no point being grown-up if you
\X/ rhialto/at/    -- can't be childish sometimes. -The 4th Doctor