Re: telnetd problem?

> I had to use a client's machine to telnet into a 3.1(x86)
> box, yesterday.  His telnet client (<mumble> running
> under XP) gave me fits trying to login.

Is the telnet client something what came with XP? This thing wont work
well at all.

I use ssh and the Putty-client if I have to work on my server. If I
remember right there is even a Telnet-Putty, but I am not sure it is an
XP-version (if it makes any difference with that Windows-stuff).

If its your server I suggest to use sshd and Putty. Works perfect for
me, is fast and safe.

Cheers
herb langhans