Re: add your laptops to http://wiki.netbsd.org/laptops/

Hi,

On 01/06/12 16:30, Jeremy C. Reed wrote:
Please  add your laptops to http://wiki.netbsd.org/laptops/
(or email me and I will add them).
I'ìm runing current on a HP nc6120. 5.1 did not whave a working X.

Almost everything works, sound, wireless, X11. I did not try resume/suspend. I did not try the memory card slot recently.

There are some issues however:
- 5.1 but also current have wired ethernet stability problems. As reported on the list, it gets watchdog timeouts and resets, very annoying when using remote X displays. - X11 has a stability problem where a program can make total garbage on the screen (except the mouse pointer) and lock up the server. Repeatable with a certain image viewer which shows very big images. The machine does not freeze: power off button powers down smoothly, (but not switch consoles to try to kill the X server)

Riccardo