Re: softdep : why not the default

On 11/19/11 10:52, Mayuresh wrote:
[---]
> 1. softdeps mount option's description claims speedups but no apparent
> disadvantage is mentioned. So why is softdeps not the default?

   Thread of interrest:
http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2008/06/06/msg001590.html

   ``[---] I believe that's simply because the softdep code is difficult
and time consuming to maintain. Some of the bugs that I know of are easy
to reproduce and particularly difficult to fix.''

  .. is what got me to finally kick the softdep habit. (Well, that and
other comments on softdeps later in the thread).

--
Kind regards,
Jan Danielsson