Re: pkgsrc vs. binary packages

On Fri, Oct 14, 2011 at 12:53 AM, Chuck Swiger <cswiger%mac.com@localhost>
wrote:
> On Oct 13, 2011, at 6:57 PM, Neal Hogan wrote:
>> I'm going off of the main mirror and I'd like nothing better than to
>> have a *BSD system that can play flash for my 4 yr old (PBS.org is
>> flash based *at this point*).
>
> Adobe supports Windows, MacOSX, Linux, and Solaris
> (from http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions ).
>
> If it is important to you that Flash works well, you should either
> persuade Adobe to provide a NetBSD version, or you should switch to
> using one of the platforms on which Flash is supported.

While I would prefer a *BSD version of adobe Flash . . . I did get
flash running on my linux-emulating (suse_100) i386/NetBSD 5.1 box in
firefox-3.6 with multimedia/adobe-flash-plugin.

After installing those packages I ran

  # nspluginwrapper -v -i /usr/pkg/lib/netscape/plugins/libflashplayer.so

and started up ff . . . BINGO! So far it's running quite well.