Re: Current status of the user wiki

On Fri, Sep 2, 2011 at 5:01 AM, Jean-Yves Migeon
<jeanyves.migeon%free.fr@localhost> wrote:

> To me main issue is a lack of a clean "table of contents".

There's an auto-generated sitemap:
<URL:http://wiki.netbsd.org/wiki/sitemap/>. It's just a PageSpec, so a
more targeted table of contents is a matter of determining what's
worth targeting.

> Creating pages with ikiwiki isn't really that much "user friendly" when
> compared to other forms of Wiki

I wouldn't disagree; see
<URL:http://wiki.netbsd.org/wiki/todo/make_it_easier_to_add_new_pages/>.

> Perhaps wiki should be
> populated first, and let users/contributors fill the parts.

I like the idea. Any developer with a vision for how content should be
arranged, go to it!

> For the rest it does not seem to be that well indexed by
> <insert_your_favorite_search_engine>

Not a structural problem, rather the wiki is explicitly rejecting
robots for the time being (awaiting more content, a working
user-editing feature, and then finally a wider announcement).