Re: server crashing

Hi,

Sorry about the delay in getting back to you.

On Tue, 23 Aug 2011, Matthias Scheler wrote:

Date: Tue, 23 Aug 2011 20:15:35 +0100
From: Matthias Scheler <tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost>
To: Al Zick <al%familysafeinternet.com@localhost>
Cc: netbsd-users <netbsd-users%netbsd.org@localhost>
Subject: Re: server crashing

On Mon, Aug 22, 2011 at 02:50:12PM -0400, Al Zick wrote:
I just leased a new server with NetBSD 5.1 on it. I have over 600 GB
of websites on it. It seems to run fine, serving pages happily until
I try to back it up with rsync over an nfs to another server on the
back end network.

Is your machine the NFS server or client in this setup? If it is the
NFS server you might suffer from this problem:

        http://gnats.netbsd.org/45093
        http://releng.netbsd.org/cgi-bin/req-5.cgi?show=1644

The above problem has been fixed in the "netbsd-5" branch.

This server is running NetBSD 5.1. I did an install from source maybe 6 weeks ago. Last night there were two consecutive crashes. It does seem to be related to nfsd and sakva.