Re: Ports & Packages infrastructure & feature import. (fwd)

By looking at this:

I'd tend to think that this occurs quite often.

It's great that it gets resolved quickly, but how
about another approach: Preventing failures from
occurring in the first place, at least try.

If those failures become a very rare thing,
developers and users could just run -current
and start submitting/review patches with minimal
frustration knowing that by doing an update on the
source tree, there's little chance that something would break.

On Wed, Aug 31, 2011 at 2:56 AM, Matthias Scheler

> On Tue, Aug 30, 2011 at 10:47:28PM +0400, Loganaden Velvindron wrote:
> > If I notice problems in release, I should be able to just
> > grab -current and start hacking away. This is difficult
> > to do right now.
> What makes you say that? I've got NetBSD-current on a virtual machine
> and the last kernel panic happened month ago.
> There are occasional build failures but they get usually fixed quickly.
>        Kind regards
> --
> Matthias Scheler

`` Real men run current !''