Re: Why are drives called "wd0", "wd1", etc?

On 08/04/2011 05:29 PM, Alex Goncharov wrote:
,--- You/Adam (Thu, 4 Aug 2011 16:22:33 +0200) ----*
| Alex Goncharov<alex-goncharov%comcast.net@localhost>  wrote:
|>  Please give one example of a manual page, for the same functionality,
|>  where the NetBSD version is superior to one in (a recent distribution
|>  of) Linux (or FreeBSD, for that matter.)
|
| Any kernel driver.

You are right -- thank you:

I hope I don't stir an argument with the following question:

Would it be fair to say that the GNU guys do a decent job of documentation but the (Linux) kernel guys do not?

I can imagine at least one reason why that would be the case: More people see the GNU tools than the (Linux) drivers.

Daniel.
--
I'm not overweight, I'm undertall.