Re: Re (2): NetBSD documentation-hackathon from August 10th to August 14th

Hi,

I said it in an earlier post; NetBSD doesn't have a "positioning"
so there is nothing to explicitly draw people to it.  Linux, then,
"wins" based solely on "seats" (not merit, etc).
To me, NetBSD is somehow the "bearer" of the BSD flag... and thus the most Unix thing I can find around.
For me it is small and efficient. I have it running on Sparc, PPC, x86...
Today it doesn't feel as fast as it used to be in 1996, but I think it is more due to the userland than the kernel itself.

I have it running on a HP Laptop and it does it job very well.

I run and develop GNUstep on it and take care that most/all application run on it!

Sure, I'd love to have it shine a bit more on some daily workstation / laptop uses.

The thing that troubles me most?

-> drivers, especially on the wireless side... but also I have torubles with ethernet sometimes on some devices. The same is sadly true with videocards
->  linux emulation. Sadly sometimes I need skype and flash
-> wine doesn't work for me :(

but generally the OS does quite well, is easy to install... and doesn't get in your way!!!

Riccardo