Re: Re (2): NetBSD documentation-hackathon from August 10th to August 14th

Hi Peter,

On 7/20/2011 6:31 PM, peasthope%shaw.ca@localhost wrote:
On 7/20/2011 3:53 AM, Julian Fagir wrote:
One of the great strengths of *BSDs over other OSs is its good documentation
and its clear design.

Also there is the hardware universality claim, "Of course it runs
on NetBSD".  Not many contemporary systems run on a Sparc 2.

I think you'll find that Linux variants run on far more
contemporary *iron*.  I suspect this is more important to
the vast majority of users than support for 4m/4c machines,
etc.

I know each time I have to tweak a NetBSD kernel to run
on some odd bit of kit, I "give second thoughts" to
re-examining Linux  :-(

--don