Re: Mounting logical partition: invalid superblock error

On Wed, Jul 06, 2011 at 12:50:36PM +0100, Matthias Scheler wrote:
> If you want to reliably exchange data you will have to use ext2.
>
>       Kind regards
>
> --
> Matthias Scheler                                  http://zhadum.org.uk/

I am making a new disk where I can easily switch to ext2 or any other FS.

Basically, I want to have Linux, FreeBSD and NetBSD on this disk while I
want them all to share the /home directory.

What FS will be advisable for /home in that case? It needs to be well
supported by all three.

Is ext2 suitable for above purpose? Obviously I loose journaling as
against ext3, and some of the ability to recover from a crash.

Perhaps a little OT question. Sorry about that.

Mayuresh