Mounting logical partition: invalid superblock error

I am trying to mount ext3 file system on NetBSD.

The disk has a number of ext3 partitions. I am able to mount those
partitions that are primary. But get "invalid superblock" error when
trying to mount a logical partition.

I do not know whether the issue is specific to ext3 or it is specific to
logical partition. However, since I am able to mount primary ext3
partitions from the same disk, I guess it is the latter.

Incidentally, I am able to mount all above partitions fine on FreeBSD.

Will appreciate help. I am completely new to NetBSD.

Mayuresh.