Re: replacement tool for "adjustkernel"

In Message <usu5v69ke75jiofu4oicp8odhgniqqkkfi%4ax.com@localhost>,
   K.W. <pobox1234%live.com@localhost>wrote:

=>On Fri, 10 Jun 2011 21:59:57 -0700, Andy Ruhl <acruhl%gmail.com@localhost>
=>wrote:
=>
=>>Ok, so where does python fit into that since that's what "everybody"
=>>is using now?
=>
=>>From the 'What's New in Python' document:
=>
=>      Major performance enhancements have been added:
=>      * The new I/O library (as defined in PEP 3116) was mostly
=>      written in Python and quickly proved to be a problematic
=>      bottleneck in Python 3.0. In Python 3.1, the I/O library has
=>      been entirely rewritten in C and is 2 to 20 times faster
=>      depending on the task at hand. The pure Python version is
=>       still available for experimentation purposes through the
=>       _pyio module.
=>
=>Pretty much says it all doesn't it? I see absolutely no reason to use
=>Python over C or C++.

   You use Python to Get Stuff Done, quickly, cleanly, and Fast
Enough. It has always been the Python style to code performance
bottlenecks in C, so it makes doing that fairly clean and
straightforward. With respect to the above comment, in particular,
consider that Python 3.0 was a complete rewrite, so for bootstrapping
purposes it was easier to get something working in Python, then
optimize later.

                                        Gary Duzan