Re: replacement tool for "adjustkernel"

acruhl%gmail.com@localhost (Andy Ruhl) writes:

>Forget ksh, I use regular /bin/sh along with sed, awk, tr, cut, etc.
>It's guaranteed to exist on whatever proper (non Windows) machine
>you're on.

But such scripts aren't portable nowadays, maybe 'cut' comes close
but otherwise you have to ask yourself which 'sh', which 'sed',
which 'awk', even which 'tr' (locale specific A-Z...grrr).
And modern ksh isn't even compatible to its predecessors.

perl on the other hand has the advantage that it doesn't suffer from
specific system idiosynchrasies and even mostly works for Windows.
The same can be said for python.

Choose your poison :)

                                Michael van Elst
Internet: mlelstv%serpens.de@localhost