Re: Looking for suggestions for small, low power machine

On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 6:11 AM, Matthias Scheler
<tron%zhadum.org.uk@localhost> wrote:
>> So, the Bifferboard is 486SX, and it won't boot NetBSD, is this
>> considered a bug?
>
> Possibly. You can always submit a PR.

This could sort of (or not sort of) be fixed by the new tiered system for ports.

Seems like it might be useful to fork i386 into 2 ports, maybe i386
and i586 or x86_32 or something? I know some 486 machines might
qualify for the newer port but it would be easier to call it i586 for
clarity... Then i586 could be tier 1, and everything before could be
tier 2. Might as well not struggle to make both work in the same port.

That said, I'm not able to do any of the work to make this happen :)

Andy