Re: Looking for suggestions for small, low power machine

On May 24, 2011, at 4:01 PM, Andy Ruhl wrote:
> I'm wondering if anyone has tried one of these:
> (The JRMX model).
> Or if not, maybe something similar.

I've been reasonably happy with Soekris 4511 and 5501 boxes for light network
router/firewall/proxy/dhcpd roles:

...and they worked well with NetBSD 3.x & 4.x.  They're completely silent (if
using CF cards), and run

> It doesn't need wifi, but it wouldn't hurt to have it.

At the risk of offering a biased suggestion, if good wireless matters (ie,
dual-band 2.5 & 5GHz MIMO a/b/g/n support), you might consider a Mac mini.  But
a D-Link DIR-855 or Linksys E3200/E4200 also do dual-band MIMO, and will also
do the "extreme N" variant with simultaneous dual-band connectivity-- depends
on how much wireless matters to you, I guess.