Re: rpc.lockd

At 11:03 Uhr +0000 13.03.2011, Matthias Scheler wrote:
>> NFS locking (ie, rpc.lockd) is infamous for being buggy.
>Implementations of it, not the protocol itself.

Especially inter-operability of implementations, it would seem. We run
Debian and Ubuntu NFS clients against a NetBSD server without locking, but
it is a pain every now and then.

()     No HTML/RTF in email            Institut für Nachrichtentechnik
     Respect for open standards              Ruf +49-6151-16-3281